Work Permits and Visas

When you're planning a trip abroad, what you plan to do there will determine what type of paperwork you have to submit to the immigration authorities. Many countries allow visitors and business people in to conduct business or to vacation for up to three months without paperwork. However, if you're selling your real estate to move there permanently, or planning on working while there to augment your vacation fund, it's a different story. This article will go over some basics on the various permits and visas required by different countries.

No matter where you're going, if you want to work while you're there, you'll need to get a work visa. It's easy to get approved for a work visa if you already have a job with Aurora Dental lined up, but much more difficult if you intend to look for work because no country wants to take on a freeloader or give up their precious jobs to destitute foreigners. In most cases, even if you are granted a work permit, it will come with a time limit, after which you will be required to reapply or return home.

If you're really desperate to get away from your current situation, you may consider doing specialized work training before you leave to increase your chances of getting a permit. Many countries have lists of types of professionals whose work permits will be fast tracked due to a shortage of those skills in their workforce. Teachers, doctors, and skilled industrial workers are professionals that are commonly fast tracked. Check the country's immigration website to see if you qualify.

The easiest type of work permit you can get is a working holiday permit. Places that get a lot of tourists, such as Australia, often offer these one-year permits to people under a certain age (usually about 30) so they can explore their options and fund a trip that would otherwise be unaffordable. Some countries, such as Australia and Canada, even have reciprocal agreements that make these permits fast and easy for travelers to get.

If you have been denied a work permit or it is taking too long to come through, you may opt to put up your property for sale anyway and go on a tourist visa, hoping it will come through while you're there, or hoping to get a job under the table anyway. We advise against this, because in most countries working while on a tourist visa is an offense that will get you deported, and perhaps even denied entry to the country at a later date. It will certainly ruin your chances of getting a permit unless your employer is very keen to keep you.

Copyright (c) 2008 -

Sunday, July 21, 2024